1.31.2014

Shots...of Espresso.

While some were purchasing televisions and other high dollar electronics, I was at my local Starbucks buying a $75 tumbler the day after this past Thanksgiving.



Marketed as their Black Friday deal, this tumbler got you a free espresso beverage everyday in the month of January. SOLD! Wait - did I just pay $75 (plus tax!) for a tumbler?! I don't usually consider myself an impulse buyer...

The anxiety hit me later that day...
How much does my Vanilla Americano usually cost?
Will I even break even?
How am I going to remember to wash and bring the damn tumbler with me each day?
It's only November...I hope I don't lose the tumbler between now and January.

31 days later, I am feeling quite accomplished. Maybe it is all the caffeine. I think I broke even around day 24  - my drinks had paid for the tumbler. Hallelujah. I could shut up all the haters and disbelievers. It only took me upgrading from a Tall to a Grande...and occasionally adding an extra shot of espresso. But who couldn't use an extra hit every now and then? A few times I splurged on a White Chocolate Mocha, which helped cut into my tumbler debt.

Some caffeinated thoughts...
How am I going to go back to a Tall now?
So you're telling me I am going to have to start paying for my drinks again?
I wonder how many people actually bought the tumbler at the listed $75...as opposed to the Get Lucky clearance deal at Target.
What am I going to do with my tumbler now?
And now comes the withdrawal process...sorry, co-workers...


-bObD.

1 comment: