5.21.2013

1-N-Done...down, but not out!

I was playing a strategic game. I seem to have had a good grasp on it - the stars were, for the most part, aligned and my selected players were doing their part. Then came round 2 where points were doubled. A 3-pointer counted as 6, a rebound was scored as a 2-pointer. Nothing was going my way...the Mega Ball was always a digit off. Whether it was Belinelli, Jarrett Jack, or Klay Thompson, I seem to have picked the underperforming, ugly duckling of the night. I picked the right guys, just on the wrong day. But that's how this game goes.

Round 2 was tough. I haven't had to make decisions like that since high school when I coordinated my kicks with my tees...Nike Shox, Air Max 90s, Jordans, Nike Uptempos...Doc Martins. Each morning I spent a good 10-20 minutes deciding which pair to put on. Decades later, I am still making those morning decisions, along with others. Having to run the Bulls' roster dry, knowing it was not likely they would advance. Second guessing the experience of the Spurs and possibly giving into the fight of the Warriors. Enduring a painful Knicks/Pacers series. And losing sleep over the unpredictable Thunder/Grizzlies games. I am somewhat relieved the 2nd round is over - I lost a lot of ground in points.

Who am I kidding - it is not getting any easier. Points are now tripled. How long do you hold out on the big names? With the matchups presented, are the big names guaranteed to put up big numbers? Two-fifths of my Pacers line-up have already been played - how confident am I that the Heat will win? And in how many? There is no room for error. Kicks have been chosen and laced. Game on.


-bObD.

No comments:

Post a Comment