7.28.2013

Every Morning, You Will be Remembered.

I found out on Twitter late last night. My feed was pouring with retweets of Kidd Kraddick's confirmed death. KISS FM's Kidd Kraddick? Surely not him. 140 characters was not proof enough. I quickly searched online, and sure enough the Kidd Kraddick that my generation grew up with on the radio had passed.

He started the gig on 106.1 when I was in 4th grade. I was at the age where I could make radio station requests in the car, and if I asked nicely I was lucky to wake up with Kidd Kraddick in the morning instead of the boring 1080 news on the way to school.

The drive to school was a mere 18 minutes. It really only took 10 minutes to get to campus but what seemed like forever sometimes to find parking. But in those 18 minutes you got in your daily dose of pop culture news, a few hit songs, and a few good laughs to start your day.

Thoughts go out to his family, friends, and colleagues. A moment of silence should be followed by a moment of laughter, as that is what he brought to all his listeners in the morning. Rest in peace, Kidd Kraddick.

-bObD.

No comments:

Post a Comment