9.24.2013

Football Sexy.

The much adorned hat trick. In darts, it's throwing 3 bulls eyes. In hockey, it's scoring 3 goals. For football fanatics, it's your college team winning, your hometown team winning, and at least one of your fantasy football teams winning all in the same week(end). If you happen to win more than one of your fantasy match-ups, then you're sitting on top of the world, and no one can touch you. You're Johnny Football, minus the demand for autographs, the oil money...the Heisman.

Everyone is aware of the excuse of a rebuilding season the Texas Longhorns are going through. A team with incredible talent cannot seem to win. Ranked at the start of the season, it did not take long for the Longhorns to fall. Going into week 4, the unranked team faced Kansas State. This was a conference game most disappointed fans figured to be over before it even kicked off. But the Burnt Orange prevailed 31-21; the coaching staff can rest easy another week.

Now while I am not a die hard Cowboys fan (a loss won't ruin my weekend like a Longhorn loss will), I am a homer, nonetheless. I hate Jerry Jones just as much as the next fan, and I have a love/hate relationship with Romo the entire season. Through 3 weeks, the Dallas Cowboys are 2-1. The 2 wins were quite convincing, with this past Sunday's being against the less than dominating Rams. Romo was on point, and a healthy Murray was doing his thing on the ground. The Cowboys won 31-7; it was quite refreshing.

Going into Monday night's game, the hat trick was very much alive. This was it - I didn't forsee the Longhorns and the Cowboys winning together many more weekends. I was up in points in all 3 leagues, with Peyton Manning, Decker, and Julius Thomas left to play. It was looking pretty solid. The Fantasy Gods were determined to challenge me. I needed Oakland to be shutout (or Janikowski to miss 2 FGs) to sweep my leagues. Pryor would not be a part of any shutout, and I unfortunately took a loss in my ESPN league. 2.4 points...maybe I can get a generous point adjustment somewhere in there? Not likely, and I shouldn't let such a defeat take away from my outstanding accomplishment.

I am feeling football sexy.



-bObD.

No comments:

Post a Comment