9.26.2013

Oh and Three.

I am stinkin' oh and three. 'Stinkin' being the extremely PG-rated word chosen to express my frustration and disappointment in my winless start to the 2013 Fantasy Football season in my ESPN league. I belong to the not-so-elite club of an 0-3 start. Three weeks into the season, three losses. No one wants to be in this hole. Questions are asked, eyebrows are raised, more beers are consumed, playoff hopes seem dismal.

Everyone gets to where they are differently. It is all about the matchups. Who your players are faced with on the field, and who you play against in your respective leagues...and luck when it comes to avoiding injuries. Sometimes mediocre performances are enough to win a matchup. Othertimes, your players better play like they are fighting for the wildcard spot just to be contenders.

Week one I was plagued with a weak RB core. Week two my wide receivers forgot to show up. Week three Drew Brees tried to get me my first win, but my Buffalo defense had other plans. It has been rough. I cannot say I am very pleased to be in the same company as the Vikings, Steelers, Giants, Bucs, Jaguars, and underacheiving Redskins.

I wish I could say this week I was going to turn it around, but it is not looking good. ESPN is projecting a blowout - not in my favor. With a waiver wire pretty thin with lottery handcuffs and a lack of trade-worthy players (aside from Brees), it seems I may be sitting ugly with the Jacksonville Jaguars this year.

This is uncharted territory for me. Crowned Champion last year in the same league I am currently struggling in, I have managed winning seasons in my other leagues. I have never started 0-3, let alone 0-4. It is hard to be hopeful, especially when this year's record/standing in the league has no bearing on next year's draft. As if the first pick promises a magical season...

I've got no coaching staff to blame, no one to fire. Poor drafting and poor sleeper suspicions have left me with a D-League team, at best. No excuses - I've got to find a way to win. The Cleveland Browns won when they traded away their franchise back, and everyone thought they had given up. I, too, shall find a way...it just won't be this week.






-bObD.

No comments:

Post a Comment