3.24.2013

Im not "Shocked"

Well....I'm not! I knew before this tournament began that it was going to be one of the most unpredictable tournaments of all time. That actually made me really happy because I hate it when people pick "chalk" all the way through the tourney and end up making money off of that bullshit tactic. I mean, this is the NCAA tournament folks! There are supposed to be crazy upsets and buzzer beaters and upset fans and jubilant fans. That's what it's all about. But if I told you that I thought Florida Gulf Coast would look like the Harlem Globetrotters against Georgetown, I'd be lying. That upset ruined my gambling hopes (so I thought). I've always been a huge Georgetown fan and I liked this year's team as much as I liked anyone in the country. Otto Porter might be the best player in the country and JTIII always has the team ready to play. They just ran into a buzzsaw and a lot of alley-oops is all. I said before the tournament started that no team is really and better than any other team. It's proving to be a true statement through the first weekend of the tournament. Last night when Wichita State beat Gonzaga, I wasn't surprised at all. In fact, I wouldn't have been surprised if Gonzaga would've lost their first round game to Southern on Thursday. The college game has gotten so diluted from early NBA defections from kids that aren't ready that most of the talent is even.

So, I think that the team that wins the tourney this year will be the actual real national champion. It will be about coaching, leadership, chemistry, and focus. We could be in for the best sweet sixteen in years! Yeah the overall talent level is down, but the games should be so close and contested that its ok. Basketball is a team sport. It's magical when a real TEAM wins and wins together. Seedings don't mean anything in this tournament. I filled out my bracket just from the "eyetest" alone. Apparently, it's not going all that bad for me so far. This is the year when everyone is tweeting "My bracket is fucked!!!" .......


-tshurn

No comments:

Post a Comment