3.01.2013

Its March!!!

Well, its March ladies and gentlemen.....the greatest month of the year for a college hoops junkie! This year's tournament is figuring to be one of the wackiest on record. Really there are no stand out teams. I've been doing my homework like I do every year and there have been some really, really good games. To me that means that a lot of the teams this year are equally matched and that makes for great finishes and drama. The Heartbreak, the agony, the elation of March is upon us so here at Words we have to roll out a little NCAA tournament preview.......Let's start with the contendas!!!

  • Indiana - Oladipo, Hulls, and Watford are natural born leaders. This team plays together and they have great chemistry. The question is can Cody "Big handsome" Zeller step up when it matters most in tourney. They can't win it all unless he is beastin.
  • Michigan St. - When it comes down to March, you can never count out MSU. The main reason for that is preparation. No one gets his team more prepared than Izzo. No One. Period.
  • Duke - Everyone that knows me, knows that I am a Duke hater. I hate Coach K's rat face, I can't stand Jason William's smug attitude on ESPN...my bad Jay Williams. I really hate Chris Collins for some reason I can't explain. But my hatred won't blind me. There are good. Good enough to win it all. Especially if Ryan Kelly comes back healthy.
  • Gonzaga - That Canadian hippie kid they got can hoop. That's all I got.
  • Georgetown - Otto Porter is a leader and he doesn't miss shots. He could carry them to the title.
  • Miami - I love this team. They have a really nice mix of players, and Shane Larkin is one of the best pgs in the nation. If Reggie Johnson plays hard, they can win it.
  • Michigan - They shoot too many threes for my taste, but if they get on a streak...look out. Plus they have the player of the year in Trey Burke.
Next post we will discuss the sleepers....Damn there are alot of them!



-tshurn

No comments:

Post a Comment