3.12.2013

Team Sean and Catherine.

Guilty as charged - I was one of millions that watched the finale of The Bachelor last night. Three hours I will never get back. I normally don't watch this shit (I used to be anti-reality TV, until I gave into Survivor and then Amazing Race...) but I had heard so much about this Sean Lowe guy...apparently the most chiseled bachelor on the show to date. I just had to see for myself.

So, the plan was to watch the family meet the girls, catch some of the last dates, then go upstairs and return to my normal Monday night drama line-up, Deception and The Following. Easier said than done apparently. An hour and a half later, I found myself slightly anxious...Catherine, please pick Catherine. As a first time viewer, I kept an extremely open mind during the whole selection process. I wanted to punch Lindsay in her mousey face but contained my inexplicable disdain for the girl. I was slightly disappointed with the whole family time. Sean's dad completely won me over, but mom annoyed the crap out of me. She made it quite obvious she didn't want her son to propose...almost as if she wanted to marry her son herself. My first impression of Catherine - lame and reserved. My first impression of Lindsay, lame and not reserved. They were equally lame.

And then their final dates. Lindsay, I know Sean said he finds your affection for him humbling, but there are ways other than sucking face to express yourself. Catherine was able to restore my faith in minorities progressing in the TMZ world. From the moment she started jumping up and down at the site of the elephant, I knew she wasn't lame. When I watched Catherine's emotional struggle at the end of the night, I knew I had hit reality TV low - I was attached. I wanted Sean to say something more than, "Thank you for today."

While not a huge fan of ABC's choice of editing, Chris Harrison really had me sold on this mysterious letter. I know I was not the only one that thought Catherine had possibly given up on a future with the sought after hunk. Turns out it was just one of Catherine's many love notes to Sean. One last opportunity to show the audience she was more than just "funny and weird."

It was an outer body experience as I celebrated the pairing of two complete strangers on television. Sean had chosen Catherine! This moment of happiness had just erased the darkness from when Ozzy came up short in Survivor...or more recently, when Malcolm's Parkinson-hands couldn't get him more than 4th place. All was right in the world of reality television.

So, who's coming over to watch the Lowe-Giudici wedding?!


-bObD.

No comments:

Post a Comment